The SIST Assembly consists of all SIST members, plus five representatives of the Founder, who are appointed by the Government of the Republic of Slovenia.
Assembly meetings are convened and chaired by the SIST President in accordance with the SIST Assembly Rules of Procedure.
The Assembly has the following assignments:
- adopting the annual work program and addressing the financial plan, in agreement with the Founder;
- adopting other program instruments of SIST (e.g. long-term development plan);
- adopting the Statute, its changes and amendments, in agreement with the Founder;
- adopting the SIST Assembly Rules of Procedure:
- addressing the SIST annual work report and the closing balance;
- adopting the Council's report;
- electing the SIST President from among the Assembly members;
- relieving the SIST President of his/her office;
- appointing two representatives from among the SIST members into the Council;
- relieving the representatives of SIST members of their duties in the Council;
- deciding on an objection against and exclusion of a SIST member.
The Assembly may set up and dissolve individual standing or temporary executive committees to perform particular assignments.
Pursuant to the Standardization Act, Article 21, the Assembly may authorize the Council to adopt changes and amendments to annual work program.
The SIST President
The SIST President is elected by the Assembly from among their members upon a written motion by a SIST member or the Founder. The written motion shall include a statement of grounds and a brief CV of the candidate.
The SIST President is elected by the majority vote of the Assembly members present for a four-year term of office, and may be re-elected after the expiry of that period.
The SIST President performs the following assignments:
- representing SIST;
- convening ordinary and extraordinary Assembly and Council meetings;
- chairing Assembly and Council meetings.
The SIST President signs the decisions and instruments adopted by the Assembly and the Council.
The SIST President is accountable to the Assembly and/or the SIST Council for his/her work.
performs the following assignments:
- deciding on SIST business operations;
- supervising and providing for the implementation of the SIST annual work program and other program instruments;
- adopting the financial plan in agreement with the Founder;
- adopting the SIST annual work report and closing balance in agreement with the Founder;
- adopting the instrument of internal organization and job systemization within SIST in agreement with the Founder;
- adopting the internal regulation of SIST laying down the procedure for adopting Slovenian national standards and other documents in the area of Slovenian national standardization;
- adopting the SIST internal regulation on intellectual property;
- adopting the SIST internal regulation laying down the method for defining membership fee, yearly membership fee, and the manner of calculating and paying the membership fee;
- adopting the SIST internal regulation regulating the rates of SIST services and sales activities;
- adopting the SIST internal regulation laying down the rules on application of the SIST national mark of conformity;
- adopting the Council’s Rules of Procedure;
- approving the Director’s report;
- adopting the rules for regional and international cooperation;
- supervising the implementation of internal regulations under their authority and adopting decisions in order to remedy the consequences of infringements;
- moving to the Assembly decisions that are within their competence;
- deciding on the requests by the SIST Secretariat's employees as to the protection of their rights;
- deciding on the criteria for appointing and relieving members of the Technical Boards;
- appointing and relieving members of the Technical Boards from among the SIST members;
- appointing and relieving the Director;
- providing to the Assembly and the Director their opinions on particular issues;
- deciding on remuneration of the members for attending Council meetings.
The Council appoints and relieves individual standing or temporary executive committees to perform particular assignments.
Members of the SIST Council
1. Dr. Bogdan Topič, SIST President
2. Izr. Prof. Dr. Gaber Begeš, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering
3. Prof. Dr. Marko Jagodič, Electrotechnical Association of Slovenia
4. mag. Jožica Škof Nikolič, representative of SIST employees
5. Mag. Samo Podgornik, Ministry of Defence
6. Dr. Janja Turšič, Ministry of Natural Resources and Spatial Planning, Slovenian Environment Agency
7. Franc Stanonik, Ministry of Economy, Tourism and Sport
performs the following assignments:
- representing SIST as a legal entity with unlimited liability, and being responsible for the legality of SIST's work and business operations;
- proposing the bases for SIST business policy and development;
- making motions to the Council regarding the organization of the SIST Secretariat and job systemization;
- determining, through special instruction, the use of SIST logo, mark and seal;
- organizing and managing the work and business operations of SIST, and being responsible for professional and high quality work of SIST;
- periodically reporting to the Council on business results;
- deciding on admission to employment, on deployment of staff, and assessing their work;
- deciding on the rights and obligations of the employees regarding their employment relationships;
- making motions of internal regulations governing the activities of SIST to the Council;
- being responsible for preparing the materials for the Assembly and Council meetings, and for implementing the decisions under his/her responsibility;
- inviting the Founder to appoint its representatives in the SIST bodies;
- performing other tasks as laid down in internal regulations.
The SIST Technical Boards
SIST has two technical boards to direct the technical work in the area of standardization, namely:
- Technical Board for the general area, and
- Technical Board for the electrotechnical, IT and telecommunication areas.
The members of each Technical Board are appointed by the Council from among those SIST members who are recognized experts in the respective area(s) for which the Technical Board has been set up.
In their respective areas, the Technical Boards perform the following assignments:
- preparing expert groundwork for the annual work program, and other program instruments of SIST (development program) in cooperation with technical working bodies;
- providing for the implementation of the annual work program and other program instruments related to the preparation and adoption of Slovenian national standards and other standardization documents;
- providing for the implementation of the internal regulation relating to the adoption of other national, European and International Standards and other standardization documents;
- making decisions on technical issues regarding the professional work of SIST;
- adopting the Technical Board’s Rules of Procedure;
- adopting internal regulations regarding the setup, operation, restructuring and dissolution of technical working bodies;
- setting up, restructuring and dissolving the technical working bodies needed for the implementation of the annual work program;
- approving the work programs of individual technical working bodies;
- adopting and withdrawing Slovenian national standards and other standardization documents in compliance with the Standardization Act and the relevant internal regulations of SIST;
- making motions and opinions to the Council and the Director regarding the organization of technical work;
- acting as technical working bodies in areas where no other technical working bodies have been set up, and in which there is an obligation related to the adoption of standards deriving from SIST's membership in the European and international organizations.
The Technical Boards may confer responsibility to individual technical working bodies to perform assignments under their responsibility.
Members of SIST Technical Board for the General Area
- Selma Kavgič, EIMV, Elektroinštitut Milan Vidmar, inštitut za elektrogospodarstvo in elektroindustrijo
- Boštjan Mikuž, EUROFINS ERICO Slovenija d.o.o.
- Janez Stražiščar, FRAGMAT TIM d.o.o.
- Rok Ban, GIZ ACS, Automotive cluster of Slovenia
- Benjamin Oštir, Gorenje household appliances
- doc.dr. Primož Banovec, Water Science Institute
- dr. Erik Pavlovič, OC IMP Klima d.o.o.
- mag. Ana Pribakovič Borštnik, SIQ, Slovenian Institute of Quality and Metrology
- mag. Tomaž Kušar, University of Ljubljana, Biotechnical Faculty, Department of Wood Science
- izr. prof. dr. Nataša Atanasova, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering - Department of Environmental Civil Engineering
- doc. dr. Anže Babič, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Civil and Geodetic Engineering - Department of Environmental Civil Engineering
- Zvonko Gavrilov, Villager, d.o.o.
- dr. Boštjan Klofutar, Agency of the Republic of Slovenia for Commodity Reserves
- Marjan Japelj, Slovenian National Building and Civil Engineering Institute
- mag. Irena Možek Grgurevič, Ministry of the Economy, Tourism and Sport, Founder's representative
CHAIR OF THE SIST TECHNICAL BOARD FOR THE GENERAL AREA OF STANDARDIZATION
At its constituent meeting of 6th July 2023, the Technical Board for the General Area in its sixth mandate elected Mr. MARJAN JAPELJ as Chair of the Technical Board for the General Area (SS-SPL) for a period of four years (2023-2027).
Members of SIST Technical Board for the Electrotechnical, IT and Telecommunications Areas
- mag. Alojz Hudobivnik, AH.TS, telecommunications counselor, Naklo
- mag. Franc Kovačič, AKOS, Agency for Communication Networks and Services of the Republic of Slovenia
- Blaž Pangos, DRI Investment Management, Company for Development of Infrastructure
- dr. Boris Žitnik, EIMV, Slovenian engineering and scientific research institute
- Katarina Seliger, Electrotechnical Association of Slovenia
- mag. Marko Hrast, ELES, Electricity Transmission System Operator
- Viktor Martinčič, ETI, Elektroelement d.d., Izlake
- Gregor Cimerman, ETREL d.o.o.
- Rok Krpan, IJS, The Jožef Stefan Institute
- Marko Štumberger, IZOELEKTRO, d.o.o.
- Milan Dobovišek, KOVA, d.o.o.
- mag. Nada Čibej, Regional Archives Koper
- Matej Žontar, , Slovenian Institute of Quality and Metrology
- dr. Tomi Mlinar, University of Ljubljana, Faculty of Electrical Engineering
- mag. Jože Dimnik, MZI, Ministry of Infrastructure, Founder’s representative
CHAIR OF THE SIST TECHNICAL BOARD FOR THE ELECTROTECHNICAL, IT AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS AREAS
At its constituent meeting of 27th June 2023, the Technical Board for the Electrotechnical, IT and Telecommunications Areas in its sixth mandate elected Mr. ALOJZ HUDOBIVNIK as chairman of the Technical Board for the Electrotechnical, IT and Telecommunications Areas (SS-EIT) for a period of four years (2023-2027).