WHEN & WHERE
21 February 2018, 13.00 - 17.00.
International Synergies Limited Brussels, Avenue d’Auderghem, 22 – 28, Floor 6, B-1040 Brussels.(the event is to align with EU Industry Days)
WHY WOULD YOU PARTICIPATE
Industrial symbiosis will shape future policies, reports and recommendations of the European Commission and will have large impact on economy, businesses and the environment across Europe and beyond.
The aim of this Workshop is to support the effective adoption of industrial symbiosis by the public and private sector, and to advance toward mainstream use.
This event is an opportunity for you to contribute your experience to shape the CEN workshop agreement (CWA) going forward:
- Does your organisation have experience with industrial symbiosis?
- What’s worked best, what’s not worked at all?
- What barriers could a CWA address?
At the kick-off meeting on 21st February 2018, you will have the opportunity to register for continued participation in the CEN process.
Speakers at the event include:
- Dr. Janez Potočnik, Co-Chair of UNEP International Resource Panel, Partner SYSTEMIQ
- Mrs. Ángels Orduña, Executive Director of A.SPIRE
- Mr. Luc Van den Berghe, CEN/CENELEC
- Dr. Rachel Lombardi, International Synergies Ltd
- Prof. Dr. Greet Van Eetvelde, INEOS Group AG
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
- representatives of companies, public sector bodies, practitioners and others with experience of industrial symbiosis;
- those wishing to contribute to, and benefit from, shaping a European CEN workshop agreement.
WHO IS ORGANIZING:
This CEN Workshop is hosted by the Slovenian Institute for Standardization (SIST), and supported by the Horizon 2020-SPIRE projects SHAREBOX and EPOS, and the Interreg Europe projects TRIS and SYMBI.
HOW TO REGISTER:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register for the kick-off meeting on 21 February 2018.
For more information on the event and the agenda, please visit the official announcement at https://www.cen.eu/News/Workshops/Pages/WS-2018-001.aspx
If attendance at the event is not possible, the CWA is a consensus building process scheduled to continue until September 2018, and your input at any/all stages of the process is most welcome.
We hope to see you/your colleagues on the 21st Feb 2018 in Brussels.
CEN Workshop – Industrial Symbiosis is now officialy the event that is listed in 'Industry week'.